GCPF’s key achievements in 2016 include:
- Impact doubled: Total expected lifetime CO2 reductions for all projects financed by the Fund since inception reached 8.6 m tonnes in 2016, over double the impact achieved by end 2015.
- Invested volume growth: Fund volume increased from USD 286 m at the end of 2015 to USD 335 m at the end of 2016, representing a growth of 17% year on year.
- Geographical spread increased: Three new partner institutions joined the GCPF network in 2016 – TBC Bank, Georgia; PRASAC, Cambodia; and Off Grid Electric, Tanzania.
- New private investor welcomed: ASN Bank, the oldest sustainable bank of the Netherlands, became the second private investor of the public-private partnership.
- Substantial increase in first-loss C shares: A further USD 25 m was raised as C shares from the German Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety.
- Technical Assistance boosted: The UK Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, a shareholder in GCPF, has contributed GBP 6 m to the GCPF Technical Assistance Facility.
To find out more about the impact of this unique fund in combating climate change and about the benefits for investors, you can access the Annual Report here. The publication, which also features a series of attractive images and graphic elements, is a compelling read.